ASSOCIATE MUSIC SUPERVISOR
Full-Time – 37.5 hours a week
Mood Media is seeking an Associate Music Supervisor to join our music team based in London. This junior level creative role will support the Music Supervision team in sourcing new music, ingesting content into our platform, checking lyrics for explicit or inappropriate content and assisting with 3rd party playlist ingestion. You will be an essential link in supporting a team who curate the music experience for global brands. You will also be charged with updating a small collection of core programs as used by a wide range of clients, be it a luxury hotel reception area, a global fashion brand’s flagship store, a hi-energy gym workout program, and much more.
Our Music Supervisors have a razor-sharp instinct for understanding brand DNA, customer behaviour and the physical environment, to curate the perfect audio soundtrack for a client’s business. Our clients expect a Mood Music Supervisor to transform their brand vision into an immersive audio experience for their customers, and your input, support and suggestions will help shape these brand experiences globally.
You are passionate about all genres of popular music, have a keen interest in the music industry and follow trends in media, social and culture. You are comfortable brainstorming ideas as part of a group and have a solid range of Spotify (or other) playlists that you lovingly curate on a regular basis. You enjoy live music and are the first among your friends to discover that incredible new band or artist everyone falls in love with 6 months later. You enjoy problem solving and working with data or insights doesn’t scare you, in fact, you thrive on it. Sounds like you? Great, get in touch!
This position will be directly responsible for the ingestion and processing of new music for use within a wide portfolio of catalogue and custom music programs across a variety of brands, audiences and platforms. A willingness to embrace and manage the operational aspects of music programming and production, as well as an appetite for supporting the creation of new music playlists is critical. Participating in team meetings and handling multiple critical deadlines daily is fundamental to success in this role. Primary responsibilities include:
- In charge of music ingestion, lyric checking and related database management tasks
- Become an internal expert for metadata management across core and bespoke programs
- Support all 3rd party playlist ingestion requests
- Be a key support for the Manager, Music Supervision and wider MCH music team
- Ensure new music updates are delivered in a timely and organised manner
- Regularly update briefs and materials used internally by the MCH music team
EXPERIENCE & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Desirable multilingual skills with perfect understanding of the English language, both written and spoken
- a broad competency of popular music and culture across multiple genres
- The ability to set priorities, handle multiple objectives in constrained time frames and interact decisively and diplomatically
- Strong independent research skills
- Creative thinking and ability to generate ideas through collaborative and individual working
- Excellent communication skills
- Be an international thinker, working successfully within a multi-national, fast-paced, competitive environment
- Fluent with MacOS and popular software applications i.e., Google Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.
Mood Media. You may not have heard of us, but you’ve definitely heard us.
We are the industry leader in Experience Design, guiding businesses to connect with their customers using music, voice messaging, digital signage and audio-visual technology. We serve 77 of the world’s top 100 retail brands in 100 countries, reaching 150 million people daily.
We are more than 2000 music gurus, digital signage experts, sound/tech engineers and support professionals in 34 office locations globally.
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in working with the team at Mood Media, please apply including your CV.