SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Full-Time – Permanent Position
We currently have an exciting opening for a talented Senior Account Manager to join our Advanced Solutions Group at Mood Media the world’s leading in-store media solutions company. Mood is dedicated to elevating the Customer Experience, we create greater emotional connections between brands and consumers through the right combination of sight, sound, scent, social mobile and systems solutions. The company globally reaches more than 150 million consumers each day through more than 500,000 subscriber locations in 100+ countries around the globe. Mood’s clients include businesses of all sizes and market sectors, from the world’s most recognized retailers and hotels to quick-service restaurants, local banks and thousands of small businesses.
This position is responsible for managing the overall account relationship including customer retention, customer satisfaction and revenue growth within Mood Media’s Advanced Solutions Group. The Senior Account Manager is accountable for developing and executing account contracts for a book of business to ensure they meet their brand strategies, revenue, and margin targets. They will work closely with the Sales and Technical Design Teams to develop comprehensive account implementation plans, create and execute activities that position Mood to optimize opportunities across targeted clients while achieving growth and margin requirements. This position will oversee highly technical account relationships with an emphasis in decentralized, global accounts, primarily in the Automotive, Fitness, and Specialty Retail industries.
Working as part of a strong and established team you will be provided with excellent support and will be given the opportunity to grow and collaborate with others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure 100% account retention
- Act as a creative consultant properly utilizing internal resources to ensure clients receive the comprehensive value of the Mood services.
- Develop and update individual account strategies for accomplishment of relationship and revenue goals
- Execution of quarterly business reviews to assess and surface objective attainment with cross-functional brand sponsorship
- Meet or exceed established goals of upselling accounts with Mood’s suite of media services
- Position Mood as strategic partner with key decision-makers and influencers
- Identify and access requirements to serve client’s domestic and international current and future needs.
- Implementation, maintenance and reporting of group wide Service Improvement and Health Plans
- Host regularly scheduled meetings with assigned client base to coordinate all aspects of client interaction, develop meeting agendas and leads meetings
- Initiate regular communication with key corporate decision makers through a consultative sales process to maximize service and add value to the relationship
- Work cross-functionally within an account to develop wide relationships with procurement, marketing, store/retail operations, IT, brand management, C-Suite, etc. besides normal day to client contacts
- Successfully navigate internally and cross-functionally with Creative Services, Design, Program Management, Project Management, Customer Service, Operations, Product, Technology and Finance to ensure customer satisfaction
- Analyze operational inefficiencies in relation to customer objectives to increase margin growth within account base
- Support Sales team in securing new business including coordination of each new account into the Client Management group
- Uncover any hidden customer resistance and overcome any objection
- Review Mood’s performance within the account to determine customer satisfaction and modify account services/support as needed to reflect business objectives
- Provide an accurate forecast of activity and revenue for each account within CRM platform
- Maintain CRM account information including account history, annual revenue, key contacts, contract status and growth opportunity and retention strategy
- Provide forecast and opportunity updates for individual accounts
- Enhance personal development in areas of technical knowledge, sales skills, marketplace trends and competitive analysis
- Problem resolution
- Act in a collaborative manner with internal and external clients to drive the successful attainment of individual and team goals
- Minimum 5 years increasingly responsible experience in related Sales/Account Management position, preferably in Media or Advertising industries
- College degree (4-year) or equivalent
- Advanced: Strong sales and negotiating skills
- Experience in technology deployment – hardware, software, content with RMR models.
- Proven experience partnering with project management and implementation teams to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Strong knowledge of audio/visual technical integration is an added bonus
- Proven experience working with a technical Solution Design team to translate customer objectives into technical solutions
- Ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of construction/build phases and has proven experience managing a portfolio of brands operating dozens of projects spanning a global footprint
- Strong understanding of experiential technologies and application to commercial environments
- Computer and device skills necessary to develop sales presentations, portfolios, Salesforce, forecasting (Excel, Word, Keynote, Smartsheet etc.)
- Proven sales record to exceed quota
- Overcoming rejection
- Time management & ability to multi-task
- Handling objections & adversity
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Asking tactical & strategic questions
- Active listening
- Organization & attention to detail
- Presentation skills
- Sales cycle management
- Experience in Automotive, Fitness, and Specialty Retail industries a plus
- Knowledge of media, sales/marketing strategies, new products, financial information
- Responsible for maintaining and performing within individual P&L
The company offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in working with the team at Mood Media, please apply including your CV.